MYRTLE BEACH GOLF HOLIDAY GOLF IS GREAT VIDEO SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
ALL VIDEOS SUBMITTED MAY APPEAR ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE, SPONSOR’S FACEBOOK PAGE, OR IN ANY OTHER MEDIUM FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT NOTICE, APPROVAL OR ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION.
1. Eligibility: The Myrtle Beach Golf Is Great Video Sweepstakes (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, and Canada and must be 18 and older (or 19 and older for residents of AL and NE) at the time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Employees of Myrtle Beach Golf Holiday (the “Sponsor”), or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Contest and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step- siblings, and children and step-children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Contest Period: The Contest begins on June 6, 2017 at 12:00:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on September 20, 2017 at 11:59:59 PM ET (the “Contest Period”). The Website (defined below) clock is the official timekeeper for this Contest. The Contest Period consists of three (3) periods: (1) the submission period, (1) voting period, and (1) judging period.
The Submission Period begins on June 6, 2017 at 12:00:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on September 20, 2017 at 11:59:59 PM ET. The voting period will occur on or about September 21, 2017 (“ET”) and ends on September 30, 2017 (“Voting Period”). The Website (defined below) clock is the official timekeeper for this Contest. The judging period will occur on or about October 1, 2017 and ends no later than October 15, 2017 (“Judging Period).
3. HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST: To enter the Contest, during the Entry Period, visit www.GolfIsGreat.com (“Website”), find and complete the entry form by providing your full name, city, state, zip code, telephone number and email address and an embeddable YouTube video linking to your video submission. Your video upload should be no longer than 3 minutes on why you think golf is great or what motivates/inspires you to play the game of golf….video may include original music, original or properly licensed still photographs, graphics, etc.) (“Video”). Video submissions must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET on September 20, 2017 to be eligible. Any attempt at email or other Internet entry is void. Proof of submission of the Video will not be considered proof of receipt. Any entry that is submitted without a Video will be void.
4. Video Entry Requirements: Entrants agree to and understand that Video entries may be made available to the public, including without limitation, posting on the Internet and may appear in Sponsor’s advertising and marketing materials. Whether or not Video entries are published on the Internet, Sponsor does not covenant or guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any Video entries.
The Video entry must not have been submitted previously in any Contest of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond your immediate circle of friends and family) through any means previously.
The Video may not exceed 3 minutes in length.
The Video must include positive content why golf is awesome and what motivates you to play golf. You can showcase the attractions, events, destinations, lodging, recreation or dining. Any Video that does not contain positive content about golf will automatically be disqualified. Bonus points are given to those videos that are filmed in Myrtle Beach.
Each Video entry must be an original creation of the submitting entrant which is under no restriction, contractual or otherwise, that will prevent Sponsor's use of the Video entry, and the Video entry must be free of any and all liens, encumbrances and claims of third parties. Entrant acknowledges, agrees and warrants that, nothing in the Video entry infringes on any copyrights, confidential information, trade secrets or trademarks belonging to any person or entity other than the Video entrant absent a suitable license, clearance or permission agreement (proof of which is required upon submission), or violates any person's rights of privacy or publicity and that all necessary releases and permissions have been secured. Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless each of the Contest Entities and their respective parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors and employees, from and against any and all claims, demands, damages, costs, liabilities and causes of action of whatsoever nature that are based upon or arise out of any breach by entrant of these Official Rules or the warranties and representations made by entrant in this paragraph. Modifying, enhancing or altering a third party's preexisting work does not qualify as entrant's original creation.
By uploading the Video entry the entrant agrees, for zero compensation, to grant to Sponsor all intellectual property rights in the Video entry and each of its constituent parts, which rights include, without limitation, the Sponsor's right to publish, edit, make derivative works from, make available to the public, and/or reproduce the Video entry through any media available at any time during, or after, the Contest Period on any related websites, in any promotional materials, whether related or un-related to the Contest, and at any other location, whether physical or online, that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate and necessary for the operation and promotion of this Contest. In addition, entrant warrants that any so called “moral rights” in the Video entry have been waived and entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor may use any ideas from any Video entry or other submitted materials, whether or not entrant has been awarded a prize in connection with any such Video Entry or other materials. Entrant agrees to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless each of Contest Entities, and each of their parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates and each of their respective owners, employees, directors, officers, agents, and subcontractors from all claims, demands, and causes of action of any nature whatsoever which entrant or entrant's heirs, representatives, executors, administrators, or any other persons acting on entrant’s behalf or on behalf of entrant’s estate, have or may have by reason of: (i) Sponsor's exercise of any rights granted by entrant in this paragraph; (ii) claims based on violation of any right of publicity or rights of personality, infringement of copyright or trademark, libel, slander, defamation, invasion of privacy, loss of earnings or potential earnings in connection with Sponsor's use of the Video entry and any portion thereof, or the likeness of any natural person therein.
Entrants are responsible for securing necessary permissions, talent and location releases, and licenses for any visual material contained in the Video entries.
Video Entry Content Restrictions
Video Entry can only be submitted to Myrtle Beach Golf Holiday and the website provided above. No other entries will be accepted through any other third party.
5. Video entries must not contain material that:
Contains or depicts someone smoking or intoxicated; Violates or infringes another's rights, including without limitation, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement; Contains material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; Contains any unacceptable clothing or adornments, or displays any commercial/corporate advertising other than that of Sponsor (including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, trademarks, slogans, political, personal and religious statements); Contains indecent or unsafe behavior or situations, profanities or obscenities, including but not limited to nudity, or pornography, or is otherwise inappropriate, indecent, profane, obscene, hateful, tortuous, slanderous or libelous; References persons or organizations without their written permission; Disparages any persons or organizations; Includes threats to any person, place, business, or group; Is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to all applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulations.
Failure of any Video entry to comply with the above “Video Entry Requirements” and “Video Entry Content Restrictions,” as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may result in disqualification of entrant. Without limitation, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry that, in their sole opinion, refers, depicts or in any way reflects negatively upon the Sponsor, the Contest or any other person or entity, does not comply with these Official Rules or if Sponsor receives notification about any potential infringements or breaches of law or any other reason set forth herein. All Video entries shall become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Video entries must be suitable for presentation in a public forum, in sole determination of Sponsor.
6. Judging Criteria and Winner Selection
All videos will be eligible to be voted for during the “Voting” period which is open to the public. A video can be voted on up to 5 times per day from a single IP Address/location. The top 10 videos will move on to the Judging period once the voting period has ended. “Voting” period (open to the public) will begin on September 21, 2017. The last vote must be received by 11:59:59 pm on September 30, 2017. The “Judging” period begins on October 1, 2017 by the Myrtle Beach Golf Holiday Marketing Committee. The Top 10 videos with the most votes will be the videos in contention for the Grand Prize. The winner will be announced on or about October 15, 2017. (Date announced subject to winner being notified and accepting).
Potential winners will be contacted via email and/or telephone, and may be awarded their prize listed below (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules.) Sponsor's decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of potential winners is final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Additional points will be given to those videos that film in Myrtle Beach, but filming in Myrtle Beach is not required to enter the contest.
Failure to respond to the prize notification message within three (3) days of notification, or return of message notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts will result in disqualification and an alternate potential winner may be awarded, time permitting.
THE POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY ADMINISTRATOR AND SPONSOR’S DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST.
7. Verification of Potential Winners
In order to be confirmed as a Winner, and without limitation of any other terms herein, the potential Winner may be required to provide satisfactory proof, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, that such potential Winner is an eligible Entrant, including but not limited to providing a copy of the potential Winner’s government-issued identification and/or additional information required by Sponsor in order to verify eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Winners may be required to sign and return to Administrator, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize. If any potential Winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period (if required), potential Winner will forfeit the prize.
8. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”): One (1) Grand Prize: $10,000.00. ARV: $10,000. Grand Prize winner will receive $10,000 cash and a trip to Myrtle Beach for the winner and 3 guests. Trip includes, accommodations and golf for 4 days, 3 nights and 3 rounds of golf. Winners must take trip in Fall of 2017 (October, November, or December) exact dates TBD, based on the 50th Anniversary celebration of Myrtle Beach Golf Holiday. Golf to be chosen by Sponsor. (Prizes can be added at any time to the contest) Prizes cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted, or redeemed for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize, or any portion thereof, with prize of equal or greater value, should any prize become unavailable for any reason. Taxes on the prize are solely the winner’s responsibility.
9. Entry Conditions and Release: By entering, each entrant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless the Contest Entities from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant's entry, creation of an entry or Video of an entry, participation in the Contest, the Video, acceptance or use or misuse of prize and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry or the Video; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Contest Entities from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant's participation in the Contest and/or entrant's acceptance, use or misuse of prize or any portion thereof.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If the Contest is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winner using the Judging Criteria above from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such judging shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Contest Entities as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. If for any reason an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold judging from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the Prizes offered herein. Entrant further agrees and acknowledges that Sponsor reserves the right to forfeit or award any unclaimed or leftover Prize at its sole discretion.
12. Disputes/Governing Law: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, other than those concerning the administration of the Contest or the determination of winner or for any disputes arising from the loss or injury from the participation in a Prize, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any disputes arising out of these Official Rules (except for any disputes arising from the loss or injury from the use of Prizes) shall be submitted to final, binding arbitration conducted in Maryland, under the Arbitration Rules and Procedures of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services Inc. before a single, neutral arbitrator who is a former or retired Maryland state or federal court judge with experience in entertainment matters who shall Maryland law and the Federal Rules of Evidence and have no authority to award punitive damages. Either party may enforce a final arbitration award in any court of competent jurisdiction in Maryland, including an award of costs, fees and expenses incurred in enforcing the award. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Contest Entities shall be entitled to seek injunctive relief (unless otherwise precluded by any other provision of these Official Rules) in the state and federal courts of Maryland. Any dispute or portion thereof, or any claim for a particular form of relief (not otherwise precluded by any other provision of these Official Rules), that may not be arbitrated pursuant to applicable state or federal law may be heard only in a court of competent jurisdiction in Maryland; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of- pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out- of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maryland, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Maryland or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Maryland.
13. Contest Winners: For the Contest Winners’ names (available after October 15, 2017) send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope by October 15, 2017 to: Winners List/Official Rules (designate which), Myrtle Beach Golf Holiday – Attention: Morgan Dendy, 1705 North Oak Street, Suite 6 Myrtle Beach, SC 29577, all Winners List and Official Rules requests made by mail must be received by October 15, 2017 . For a copy of these Official Rules may also be obtained by printing the Website.
15. Sponsor: Myrtle Beach Golf Holiday 1705 North Oak Street, Suite 6, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Back to Contest Page