The season of Thanksgiving is upon us, and we, as a golf community, have much to be grateful for along the Grand Strand. As 2017 nears its end, here are five things that top our list of reasons for gratitude.
- As always, the one thing we never take for granted is you – the golfer. Myrtle Beach is the game’s most popular destination because of the people who visit the area and their loyalty. We can tout the quality of courses, the value offered, and the good times off the course, but none of it matters without golfers visiting the destination. So, to those of you who visit the area, thank you!
- Generally speaking we had great weather in 2017, something we have been ecstatic about. We enjoyed a very mild winter and an idyllic spring. The weather has been cooperative this fall, and we avoided the wrath of Hurricane Irma. With a weak La Nina helping dictate weather patterns, we are forecast to have a warmer and dryer winter than usual in 2018, so hopefully another beautiful year is in the cards.
- Over the last decade, Myrtle Beach has enjoyed a surge in nonstop air service, a development that has made the area much more accessible, and that growth continued this year. We added nonstop service from St. Louis, Mo., Dayton, Ohio, and Portsmouth, N.H., via Allegiant Air, and Spirit began providing direct service from Hartford, Ct.
- Part of what makes the Grand Strand so popular with golfers is the commitment area courses have to providing a quality product. That commitment was evident this year in the extensive renovation work Arcadian Shores, Tiger’s Eye, Crow Creek and Aberdeen did, ensuring the courses will remain among golfer favorites.
- Just as we are thankful for the golfers who visit the area, we are also appreciative of having the game’s best collection of package providers on the ground here in Myrtle Beach. Part of what makes the area tick is having men and women behind the scenes who live Myrtle Beach golf, which allows them to craft golf packages that fit the needs of individual groups. We don’t take for granted the value of having people with their finger on the pulse of the market and their contributions to the Myrtle Beach golf experience.
We could go on, but those top of our list of things to be thankful for. What are you most appreciative of as Thanksgiving approaches?