Excitement is building for the 34th annual Myrtle Beach World Amateur Handicap Championship, golf’s largest and most inclusive event, and players still have ample time to enter one of the game’s bucket list events.
A 72-hole, net stroke play tournament, the World Am will be played August 28 – September 1 on 60 of the Myrtle Beach area’s best courses. Golfers are placed in tightly grouped flights based on age, gender and handicap, and after four rounds of competition, all flight winners and ties advance to the World Championship Playoff.
Cost of entry is just $625 and includes at least four rounds of golf, a gift bag that features a Greg Norman Collection pullover and polo shirt, a Nexbelt, Club Glove Caddy Towel and more. The registration deadline is August 4.
What else do players have to look forward to at the one-of-a-kind event?
- Among the courses hosting the tournament are Caledonia Golf & Fish Club, Tidewater Golf Club, Grande Dunes, True Blue Golf Club, TPC Myrtle Beach and all four courses at Barefoot Resort, though you will have qualify for the World Championship Playoff to play the Dye Course.
- Golf Channel personalities Charlie Rymer, Damon Hack and Chantel McCabe will be among the celebrity guests at this year’s event.
- A host of exhibitors have already committed to being at the World’s Largest 19th Hole, including Ecco, Nexbelt, Snell Golf and Orange Whip.
- Among the restaurants providing food at the 19th Hole will be Sticky Fingers, Angelo’s, Dagwood’s Deli, Big Mike’s Soul Food, Friendly’s (ice cream!), Ian’s Waterway Bar & Grill, Filets, Jimmy John’s, Chick Fil A, Domino’s, Black Thai, The Boom Boom Wine Room, Dirty Don’s Bar & Grill, Bimini’s Oyster Bar & Seafood Café, Travinia Italian Kitchen, Greg Norman’s Australian Grille, Masala – Indian Restaurant and Martin’s. The food will be delicious and abundant.
- The bands performing at the 19th Hole this year are the East Coast Party Band, PlaneJane, and Soul Fish. In case you are wondering, yes, that leaves one night at World Am Live open and, by popular demand, Karaoke Night will return on Wednesday!
- If the open bar at the 19th Hole is of interest, Michelob Ultra, Shock Top, Goose Island IPA and Four Star Pils, Stella Artois and Michelob Amerbock are your beer options. Skyy Vodka, Makers Mark Whiskey, Bacardi Rum, Dewars Scotch, Bombay Dry Gin, Evan Williams Bourbon, Canadian Club Blended Whiskey and Kahlua Coffee Liqueur are the complimentary liquor offerings.
To get a comprehensive look at a tournament all serious golfers need to play in, check out www.MyrtleBeachWorldAmateur.com.