Winter is here and much of the nation is in its grip – mercifully we will be on a Myrtle Beach golf course this Friday in 70-degree weather – so what better way to lift your spirits than dreaming of a spring golf trip.
Here are five reasons you need to book a Myrtle Beach golf trip:
1. Don’t let the weather at home beat you down. It’s warmer here in Myrtle Beach and planning a trip will make you feel better about being stuck indoors. How much warmer is it here? The average high temperature in March is 64, it’s 72 in April, and 79 May. The average high temp in February is 58, so that’s in play as well. It’s time to start your 2017 golf season and there is no better place to do it.
2. Myrtle Beach Golf Holiday is celebrating its 50th birthday in 2017 and along with it, the de facto launch of the golf package. The idea of packaging golf and accommodations was born in Myrtle Beach, and the concept remains as enticing today as it was in the 1960s. Whether you are staying one-night or seven, a Myrtle Beach golf package generates more value than any other destination can come close matching.
3. When people think value, they think price, but there is so much more to it. What makes Myrtle Beach special is the quality of its golf courses. Thirteen area courses have been ranked among America’s top 100 public courses in recent years and more than 50 have earned at least four stars from Golf Digest. The Grand Strand has as many quality courses as Tiger Woods has PGA Tour wins, and that’s at the heart of the area’s appeal.
4. Golf and value are great, but so is time away from friends, and Myrtle Beach is almost as much fun off the course as it is on. A weekend away with the boys (or girls) is a great way to recharge the batteries, and whether you want to go deep sea fishing, enjoy a nice meal or hit the town, Myrtle Beach delivers on all accounts.
5. Myrtle Beach golf courses are in good shape during the winter months but they always have their eyes on the peak spring season, working to ensure you enjoy optimal conditions. The smooth greens, lush fairways and blooming azaleas aren’t an accident!