Five Undeniable Reasons Fall Golf in Myrtle Beach is so Popular
June 27, 2016 by Chris King
Temperatures are rising, kids are enjoying summer vacations, and it’s prime time to be planning your fall Myrtle Beach golf trip.
That’s right, July is the prime planning and booking season for Myrtle Beach’s ever-popular fall golf season, allowing players to lock in their trip and secure primo tee times on some of America’s best golf courses.
Why is fall Myrtle Beach golf, which we define as late-September through early November, so popular?
- This one is easy - the weather. There is no better time of year to play along the Grand Strand. The summer humidity has abated but daytime highs remain pleasant. Average highs are 85 in September, 77 in October and 69 in November, near perfect golf weather. October and November are also the driest months in Myrtle Beach, so there is little not to like.
- Course conditions are at their best. Coming off the summer months, bermuda grass is always in prime shape, while area courses that offer bentgrass greens thrive with the dissipation of the summer heat. It’s a win for everyone.
- The combination of weather and course conditions are enhanced even further by the value offered during the fall, where already great Myrtle Beach golf rates are slightly better than in the spring.
- When fall arrives, many of our friends in the northeast are forced to face the end of their golf year. What better way to say goodbye to the the season than a long weekend with the boys in Myrtle Beach, golfing all day and enjoying some football (or whatever else piques your interest) in the evening?
- Beyond weather, value, course conditions and time spent with buddies, Myrtle Beach enjoys great popularity in the fall for the same reason it does the rest of the year - golf has no better destination. The combination of everything Myrtle Beach has to offer is unrivaled and any excuse to go is a good one.
So start planning your next Myrtle Beach golf trip!
Have you visited Myrtle Beach for a golf trip in the Fall?
Share your experiences in the comments below!