Myrtle Beach Golf Holiday’s “Golf is Great” video contest is returning for a second year, allowing players to turn their love of the game and creativity into $10,000 and a trip to the Golf Capital of the World.
To enter the contest, golfers must create a video that tells the story of their affinity for the game.
David Watkins of Dallas, Texas, won the inaugural contest in 2016, besting a field of videos that ranged from emotional to good old-fashioned comedy.
The winner of this year’s contest will receive $10,000 and an expenses-paid trip for four to Myrtle Beach.
Here is what you need to know about the contest, which will determine a winner, based in part, on fan voting.
Whoever produces the best/most memorable video.
What should my video be about?
Completely up to you. There is no type of suggested content – though it shouldn’t be longer than 3 minutes. You can aim for humor, sincerity or something in between. It makes no difference. The only thing your video should reflect is your passion for the game of golf.
How do I enter?
1. Get out on the course and shoot a 30-second to 3-minute video telling us why you love the game.
2. Post the video to YouTube and share the link in your submission form.
3. Submit your contest entry form by July 31st, 2017
4. Watch and share your Golf is Great video with your friends using hashtag #GolfIsGreat
5. Voting begins August 2nd. Check back and help pick the top 10 finalists.
Time to get your smart phone and start putting together that video!