Top 100 Layouts, Local Favorites and the Open Doctor: B&C Courses Package is a Winner
June 12, 2017 by Chris King
How do a pair of Top 100 layouts, two locals’ favorites and a course designed by a man known as the “Open Doctor” sound as an itinerary for your next Myrtle Beach golf trip?
If it sounds intriguing, make sure your group leader looks at the B&C Courses package from Grand Strand Resorts.
Here is a look at the golf course lineup (don’t start drooling on your keyboard):
- Grande Dunes is one of six Myrtle Beach golf courses that play along the Intracoastal Waterway, and the Roger Rulewich design has been ranked among America’s 100 Greatest Public Courses. The holes along the waterway, particularly the par 3 14th, are stunning but the layout is outstanding from start to finish.
- Tidewater Golf Club is arguably the area’s most scenic course. With eight holes that play along either the Intracoastal or the marshy waters of Cherry Grove, I dare you to play a round without pulling your camera out. The third and 12th holes, both of which play along Cherry Grove, form the area’s most memorable combination of par 3s, and the 13th green offers a distant view of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Arcadian Shores was the first solo design by the Open Doctor, Rees Jones, and four decades after its opening the quality of the layout remains readily apparent. The course is getting a new clubhouse and installing new greens this summer, ensuring it will continue to be a favorite among locals and traveling golfers.
- Tucked away in Little River, River Hills (shown in video below), a Tom Jackson design, offers a stern test of golf, demanding that players execute, particularly off the tee. Conditions are always outstanding and the par 5 17th hole is everything that’s enjoyable about the course. It’s scenic, challenging and, most of all, fair.
- You get to play your choice of either the PineHills or Palmetto courses at Myrtlewood, the area’s most centrally located property. Both courses are long on playability and conditioning, so this is an opportunity for everyone in your group to go low.
In addition to the great golf course lineup, the groups will also have their choice between oceanfront and golf course condo accommodations.
Get on over to the Grand Strand Resorts page and check out the B&C Courses package.