The choices were many, but after consulting with a distinguished panel, we’ve come up with a list that has a decidedly local slant, with one very prominent exception. Without further ado, here are the best places in the Myrtle Beach area to get an order of wings.
1. The Original Fat Jack’s Wings & Things – Serving fresh wings, Fat Jack’s has been a Grand Strand institution since the 1970s. Now located in Surfside, Fat Jack’s offers 15 sauces and first rate customer service. If you want excellent wings in a good local establishment, Fat Jack’s is worth a stop, but keep in mind, it doesn’t open until 3 p.m.
2. Murphy’s Law – A local sports bar that caters to Pittsburgh fans of any stripe, Murphy’s has many options but their specialty is the hot wing. The hot wings at Murphy’s have the necessary kick but don’t exchange heat for flavor. You won’t go wrong at one of Murphy’s three Myrtle Beach area locations.
3. Wing Kings – The appropriately named Wing Kings is the area’s best kept secret. Located on Socastee Boulevard in Myrtle Beach, it’s a little off the beaten path but well worth finding. Wing Kings serves only fresh product – never pre-cooked, never frozen – and patrons are the beneficiary. The locally owned bar offers 20 different flavors ranging from lemon pepper to suicide wings. Here is personal endorsement for the parmeyaki wings, a delectable combination of teriyaki and parmesan.
4. Bully’s Pub – Located at Barefoot Landing, Bully’s is home to some of the area’s best wings. Bully’s doesn’t offer as many sauce selections as the others on the list, but what they do offer is exceedingly good. If you are looking for a non-traditional flavor, try the spicy ranch wings.
5. Hooter’s – Hooter’s is America’s most renowned franchises and its former owner, the late Bob Brooks, was a Horry County resident. With three Myrtle Beach area locations, a Hooters is easy to find and the food is a known quantity. Did I mention that you can’t beat the view?
More Myrtle Beach Restaurant Top 5 Lists:
Tell us what we missed in the comments below!